Subject: last minute fosshost VM migration 2022-01-01

last minute fosshost VM migration 2022-01-01

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 08:55:32 -0500

Our VM provider, fosshost, is being forced to move a pile of VMs from
one hosting provider to another. This has been known for a month or
two, but unfortunately they weren't actually able to get our new VM set
up and provisioned until yesterday, and the hard cutoff point is
sometime tomorrow (ie January 2nd).

The new VM is already provisioned, with a complete snapshot from the
30th, and it is configured for the new IP addresses. What remains is to
change DNS and perform any last minute data syncs.

This obviously is going to result in some service unavailability. I
don't anticipate it will take very long (under an hour) so it's mostly a
matter of waiting for the DNS changes to propogate.

Again, I'm sorry about the last minute nature of this. I don't know
exactly when I'll start on this (I have to fit it in around some family
stuff) but I'll be coordinating things on our IRC channel.

Anyhoo. Keep on Rockboxing.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)